- 285g Loprofin Mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 100g brown sugar
- 110g butter, melted
- 2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 150g dried mixed fruit
- 200ml Loprofin Drink or Sno-Pro
- 2 tsp lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- In a bowl, mix the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer, baking powder, mixed spice, dried fruit, lemon juice, and zest of orange and lemon.
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly.
- Next, mix in the butter and Sno-Pro and stir to combine.
- Place in a 2 lb load tin or 12 muffin cases.
- Bake the muffins at 170°C for 20/25 minutes and the loaf for 40/45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- You can add any dried fruit to this recipe including cranberries, pineapple, apples and mangos
- Great toasted for breakfast, or made into French toast
- Serve with low protein cream cheese as a lunch box snack
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional