Veggie cottage pie
1 portion veggie bolognese sauce
100g sweet potatoes
50g low protein cheese
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks, cut the carrots into the same size pieces, place into a steamer and steam until tender
- Mash the vegetables in a bowl using a fork or potato masher, season to taste and add the butter stir and mix
- Place the bolognese sauce into a heatproof oven dish and top with the mash, sprinkle over the grated low protein cheese and bake in 180°C oven for 25 minutes until piping hot and the cheese has melted
- You can make individual portions and freeze until needed
- You can cook from frozen just add an extra 15 minutes onto the cooking time
- You can top the dish with any mashed veg, parsnip, swede, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, or a mix of these
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.