- 250g or 1 packet of baby corn
- 100g Loprofin Mix (little more for dusting)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 50mls Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink
- Oil for frying
- Steam or boil the baby corn until tender, making sure to not overcook it.
- In a bowl, mix the Loprofin Mix, baking powder, paprika, turmeric, and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, mix in the Sno-Pro to form a smooth batter.
- Then take a wooden BBQ stick and insert one baby corn onto the end and dust the corn with a little more Loprofin Mix.
- Heat the oil in a pan (how much oil will depend on how big the pan is - fill the pan halfway with oil).
- Dip the corn into the batter and place into the oil, frying until golden brown and the batter has puffed up.
- Fry in small batches, don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Serve with a dipping sauce on the sticks or remove the stick, and add to a hotdog roll.
- Add any spices to the batter e.g. curry powder, lemon zest, taco seasoning
- Other vegetables can be used, including carrots, slices of pepper, and mushrooms
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.