Banana blossom taco
150g banana blossom
25g Loprofin Mix for dusting
oil for frying
For the batter
100g Loprofin Mix
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sweet paprika
ground black pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried basil
50mls sparkling water
Salad, low protein tortilla, salsa
- Drain the banana blossom onto a kitchen towel and choose the full blossoms for this recipe
- In a jug, make the batter by adding the Loprofin Mix, baking powder, paprika, dried basil, cayenne pepper and sparkling water - mix until you have a smooth batter which should look like double cream
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium/high heat
- Next dust the blossom into the Loprofin Mix, then into the batter to coat before adding them into the hot oil
- Fry for a few minutes on each side until the batter is golden and crunchy
- To serve, warm the tortilla and add salad and salsa then top with the cooked banana blossom
- You can use jackfruit in this recipe
- Add any spice to the batter, curry powder works great in this recipe
- You can use the fried blossoms for other recipes too including sweet & sour, curry and tomato sauce
- These don’t freeze so they need to be eaten when you make them
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.