Red velvet cake
150g butter room temperature
150g caster sugar
3 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
350g Loprofin Mix
200 mls Sno-Pro
2 tsp baking powder
35g cocoa powder
1 tsp red food colour
100g beetroot juice or grated cooked beetroots made up to 150mls with water
50g low protein cream cheese
50g soft butter
150g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (use a wooden spoon or hand mixer).
- To the bowl, stir and combine the Loprofin Egg Replacer, Lorpofin Mix and, Sno-Pro.
- Then add the baking powder, cocoa, beetroot juice, and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Place the batter into either 2x8 inch sandwich tins, 12 muffin tins lined with muffin cases or, spoon onto a lined baking sheet with 24 spoons to make 12 whoopie pies.
- Bake the batter at 170°c. The cake will take 25/35 minutes, cupcakes 12/15 minutes and whoopie pies 8/10 minutes. Once baked, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and low protein cream cheese together with the icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Then add the vanilla, grated low protein chocolate, or orange zest.
- Use the icing to either sandwich the cakes together, ice the cupcakes, or pipe the whoopie pies, sandwiching 2 pies together and dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.