1 portion of low protein veggie bolognesse sauce
1 sweet potato
25g olive oil
½ tsp smoked sweet paprika
salt & pepper
70g low protein cheese (mature cheddar or mozzarella low protein cheese works great in this dish)
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and place them into a bowl, drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 25/30 minutes until golden and crispy
- Heat the bolognese sauce so it’s heated through and grate the low protein cheese
- Place the sweet potato wedges into a heatproof serving dish and cover with the bolognese sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese then place the dish back into the oven until the cheese has melted over the top
- You can use any vegetable fried for this recipe.
- You can also add a cheese sauce to top of the dish before baking
- Great served with a fresh green salad
- You can also use nachos instead of the fries
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.