Banana blossom pasta
250g cooked Loprofin Pasta (any shape works in this recipe)
150g banana blossom
50g jar peppers
50g jar mushrooms
50g jar artichokes
1 tsp garlic puree
50g green olives
ground black pepper
small bunch of fresh basil leaves
50g low protein parmesan cheese
- Drain the banana blossom and chop it into bite-size chunks
- In a frying pan, add the peppers and mushrooms, artichokes, olives, ground black pepper and banana blossom. As these are in oil there is no need to add any to the pan. Fry for 3 minutes and then add the garlic puree
- Add the cooked Loprofin Pasta and stir to combine, cook for a few more minutes until heated through
- To serve, add the fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over the grated low protein cheese
- You can use jackfruit in this recipe
- Serve this pasta hot or you can cool it down for a pasta salad
- You can add fresh tomatoes and cucumber to the pasta salad
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.