- 250g Loprofin Cake Mix
- 100g melted butter
- 125mls orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 ice cream cones
- 10 plant-based marshmallows
- Ice cream sauce to decorate
- Sugar sprinkles to decorate
- Whisk the Loprofin Cake Mix with the melted butter, vanilla, and orange juice until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Place the ice-cream cones into a muffin tray, spoon the cake batter into each cone filling them ¾ full and bake at 170°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked, remove and place 1 marshmallow onto each cone before placing back them back into the oven for 5 minutes to slightly melt the marshmallows.
- Remove the cones from the oven and allow them to cool fully on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, top with ice cream sauce and sprinkles for decoration.
- Great for a lunchbox, BBQ, birthday parties, Christmas, and Easter
- Add fresh raspberries or blueberries to the cake batter before baking
- If you don’t want marshmallows on top, you can also pipe on buttercream to decorate
- Any cake mixture can be use, red velvet, carrot cake & vanilla sponge works well
- If you cannot find the large marshmallows, you can use the mini ones - add about 1 tablespoon per cupcake
- You can also dip the cupcake in melted low protein chocolate then sprinkle with decorations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional