Basic cookie dough
40g soft brown sugar
40g granulated sugar
25g golden syrup
225g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
25g custard powder
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the butter, golden syrup, soft brown and granulated sugars.
- Once melted remove from the heat and add the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer, custard powder and bicarbonate of soda stir to combine.
- It will be a thick dough press the dough together with the back of a wooden spoon, place in sandwich bag and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Take small walnut size piece of the cookie dough place on a lined baking tray, allowing room between each cookie as they will spread when baking.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray.
- To change the flavour make the following changes when making the basic mixture:
For chocolate chip cookies:
- Take the basic cookie recipe: Replace 25g of Loprofin Mix and add 20g of cocoa powder.
- Stir in 50g of low protein chocolate chipsbefore cooling.
For fruit cookies:
- Add dried fruit 50g before cooling.
For spiced cookies:
- Take out the vanilla from the recipe and replace it with 1 tsp of ground, cinnamon, ginger or mixed spice.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.