Aptamil Pepti 1 (from birth)
Aptamil Pepti 1 is a whey-based extensively hydrolysed formula for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. Aptamil Pepti 1 is a nutritionally complete formula, suitable from birth, and can be used to replace cow’s milk in drinks and cooked dishes at the introduction of weaning.
- The only extensively hydrolysed formula for infants to contain galacto- and fructo-oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS), which encourage the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut1-2 and have also been shown to reduce allergic manifestations over 5 years3.
- The Aptamil Pepti range is the UK's most palatable EHF range4-5. Aptamil Pepti is whey-based and contains lactose for superior palatability, compared with a casein based hydrolysate6.
- Contains long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs), nucleotides and calcium to help meet the requirements of infants with cow’s milk allergy.
- Moro G et al. Dosage-related bifidogenic effects of galacto- and fructooligosaccharides in formula-fed term infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2002;34(3):291-5.
- Gibson GR et al. Dietary modulation of the human colonic microbiota: introducing the concept of prebiotics. J Nutr 1995;125(6):1401-12.
- Arslanoglu S et al. Early Neutral Prebiotic Oligosaccharide Supplementation Reduces the Incidence of Some Allergic Manifestations in the First 5 Years of Live. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2012;26(3):49-59.
- Maslin K et al. Palatability of hypoallergenic formulas for cow’s milk allergy and healthcare professional recommendation. Pediatr. Allergy Immunol. 2018; 29(8): 857-862. *A home usage test assessment was carried out between 16/11/16 and 9/12/16 on the 4 products indicated for cows’ milk allergy from birth and included 100 UK healthcare professionals.
- Data on file, updated independent taste panel report, Campden BRI, October 2020. n=102 HCPs, Campden BRI blind home usage taste testing, n=102 Dietitians and General Practitioners, n=82 parents. Aptamil Pepti 1 & Pepti Syneo vs all UK EHFs suitable for infants from birth.
- Venter C. Cow’s milk protein allergy and other food hypersensitivities in infants. J Family Healthcare. 2009;19 (4):130-131
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.