Nutrison Protein Shot
Modular protein products and protein requirements
Loss of lean body mass can impact recovery and survival
Meeting protein requirements can be challenging
Modular protein products can help meet protein requirements
Which patients groups require a protein top up?9.10
Introducing Nutrison Protein Shot
May support GI absorption and muscle protein synthesis13,14
Nutritional value per pot
A ready-to-use modular protein top-up designed for patients with increased protein requirements
The evidence behind Nutrison Protein Shot
Nutrison Protein Shot is well tolerated with excellent compliance9
Patient Population Demographics
- Weijs PJM, et al. Early high protein intake is associated with low mortality and energy overfeeding with high mortality in non-septic mechanically ventilated critically ill patients. Crit Care. 2014;18(6):701.
- Oldham S, et al. High Protein Tube Feeding in the Community. CN Focus. 2017;9(3):51–53.
- Demling RH. Nutrition, anabolism, and the wound healing process: an overview. Eplasty. 2009;9:e9.
- PENG of the BDA. A Pocket Guide to Clinical Nutrition. 5th Edition. 2018.
- McClave SA, et al. Guidelines for the Provision and Assessment of Nutrition Support Therapy in the Adult Critically Ill Patient: Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.). JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2016;40(2):159–211.
- Taylor S, et al. Critical care: Meeting protein requirements without overfeeding energy. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2016;11:e55–e62.
- De Waele E, et al. Review of evolution and current status of protein requirements and provision in acute illness and critical care. Clin Nutr. 2021;40(5):2958–2973.
- Singer P, et al. ESPEN guideline on clinical nutrition in the intensive care unit. Clin Nutr. 2019;38(1):48–79.
- Nutricia UK ACBS trial, data on file 2021.
- Rai L. The Role of Modular Protein Supplements in Nutrition Support. CN 2020;20(4):45-47.
- Pandey A. The Use of a Liquid High Protein Supplement in a Patient with Pressure Ulcers. CN 2019;19(4):35–36.
- McLaughlin K-A. Managing a Neuro-rehab Patient Using a High Protein Supplement. CN 2012;12(3):25.
- Oikawa SY, et al. Whey protein but not collagen peptides stimulate acute and longer-term muscle protein synthesis with and without resistance exercise in healthy older women: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;111(3):708–718.
- de Aguilar-Nascimento JE, et al. Early enteral nutrition with whey protein or casein in elderly patients with acute ischemic stroke: a double-blind randomized trial Nutrition. 2011;27(4):440–444.
Nutrison Protein Shot is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition in patients with increased protein requirements and must be used under medical supervision.