The Fortini Range
Wide and varied range of oral nutritional supplements for children from 1+ years (>8kg), including smoothie, yoghurt, milkshake style, and low volume options.
Fortini products contain a unique MF6 blend6: this mix of six soluble and insoluble fibres provides an optimal blend and most closely resembles the fibres in normal healthy diet, and includes prebiotic fibres, inulin, and FOS.
The benefits of this MF6 blend is shown to improve bowel health by:
- Improving stool consistency4
- Enhancing gut flora in children5
- Reducing diarrhoea1,4
- Reducing constipation1
- Reducing laxative use2,3
- Improving tolerance4,11
*Fortini Compact chocolate-caramel contains 7.1g protein per 125ml bottle.
*Fortini Multi Fibre unflavoured contains 6.8g protein per 200ml bottle.
Compliance with the Fortini range
Managing compliance with the Fortini Range
Wide range of flavours, formats & textures
- A paediatric range with a variety of flavours, textures and formats to suit patient needs
- 100% of Paediatric Dietitians rate taste as important in aiding compliance7
- 86% of Paediatric Dietitians rate manageable volumes as important in aiding compliance7
- Fortini Compact Multi Fibre provides all the benefits of Fortini Multi Fibre in 38% less volume
Evidence for Fortini Compact Multi Fibre
Fortini Compact Multi Fibre has been developed to address these barriers to ONS compliance, in partnership with Paediatric Dietitians.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Fortini range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition and growth failure in children from one year onwards, and must be used under medical supervision.
- Trier E et al. Effects of a multifibre supplemented paediatric enteral feed on gastrointestinal function. J Pediatr Gastroenterol, 1999; 28: 595.
- Daly A et al. Is fibre supplementation in paediatric sip feeds beneficial? J Hum Nutr Diet, 2004; 17:365-70.
- Hofman Z et al. Tolerance and efficacy of a multi-fibre enriched tube-feed in paediatric burn patients. Clin Nutr, 2001; 20: 63.
- Grogan J et al. Gastrointestinal effects of two fibre enriched paediatric enteral tube feeds. J Hum Nutr Diet, 2006; 19: 45877.
- Guimber D et al. Effect of multi fibre mixture with prebiotic components on bifidobacteria and stool pH in tube fed children. British J of Nutrition, 2010; 104: 1514-1522.
- Green CJ. Fibre in enteral nutrition. Clin Nutr, 2001; 20; 23-39.
- Paediatric Dietetic Survey 2016 (n=106), data on file.
- Hubbard GP, Fry C, Sorensen K, et al. Eur J Pediatr. 2020;179:1421–1430.
- Healthy Children Taste Testing 2016 (n=122), data on file.
- UK Paediatric Dietitians Online Survey 2017 (n=67), data on file.
- Silk D et al. The effect of polymeric enteral formula supplemented with a mixture of six fibres on normal human bowel function and colonic motility. Clin Nutr, 2001; 20(1): 49-58.
*Product can be provided to patients upon the request of a healthcare professional. They are intended for the purpose of professional evaluation only.
Looking to speak to your local Nutricia representative?
Select ‘request a meeting/ call with a local sales rep’ as the topic of enquiry when completing our contact form, and your local account manager will be in touch shortly.