Fortisip, the only compact range*
Choose from standard, high fibre or high protein, all in 125ml format
Low volume is key to compliance
- Compliance with a high energy, low volume Oral Nutritional Supplement is greater than with a standard energy 200ml Oral Nutritional Supplement1,2
- Demonstrated in both short term (91% v 77%)2 and longer term studies (86% v 67%)2
- Energy and protein intake is significantly greater with a 125ml Oral Nutritional Supplement versus a 200ml Oral Nutritional Supplement1
High rates of compliance with the Fortisip Compact range leads to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare usage
Elderly patients at risk of malnutrition were prescribed 2 x Oral Nutritional Supplements from the Fortisip Compact range per day for 12 weeks. They had significantly better nutrient intakes and required less healthcare support than those managed with dietary advice alone5,6.
The Fortisip Compact range
*2.4kcal/ml, 125ml: Accurate at time of publication: MIMS, February 2021, UK.
**Product can be provided to patients upon the request of a healthcare professional. They are intended for the purpose of professional evaluation only.
1. Hubbard GP et al. Proc. Nutr. Soc. 2010; 69; OCE2: E164.
2. Freeman R et al. Ageing Clin Exp Res. 2011; 23; 1:159.
3. Hubbard GP et al. Clin Nutr. Supp. 2009; 4(2): 41.
4. Hubbard GP et al. Clin Nutr. 2012; 31(3): 293–312.
5. Smith et al. Nutr. 2020; 12(2): 517.
6. Cawood et al. Clin Nutr. 2017; 36: S175-176.
7. Addison. Nursing Times. 2003; 99(11):34-35.
The Fortisip Compact Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition and must be used under medical supervision.