Aptamil Pepti Syneo
The only EHF with a unique combination of pre- and probiotics (synbiotics) that work synergistically.
Compared to non-synbiotic formulas† Aptamil Pepti Syneo has been shown to support IMPROVED symptom management1–4
PLUS modulates the gut microbiota2 to support long-term health and immunity5–8
The Syneo blend is a patented combination of pre- and probiotics working in synergy
Aptamil Pepti Syneo with scGOS/lcFOS*
- Proven to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the infant gut9–11
- Mimic the levels and functionality of prebiotic oligosaccharides found in breastmilk8–10
- Extensively studied in infants11,12–17
Aptamil Pepti Syneo with Bifidobacterium breve M-16V
- Increases beneficial bacteria in the gut2,18–21
- Is the most common Bifidobacterium in breastmilk6,22, and the dominant species in the gut of healthy breast-fed infants7,22–24
- Evidence shows B. breve M-16V reduces the allergic response more than other tested probiotic strains25–29
Evidence shows that synbiotics positively influence the gut microbiota of formula-fed infants, bringing it closer to that of a healthy breast-fed infant2,18–20,30
The latest innovation in the Aptamil Pepti range
- Atwal K et al. An extensively hydrolysed synbiotic-containing formula improves gastrointestinal outcomes in infants with non-IgE cow’s milk protein allergy, already well-established on extensively hydrolysed formula. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2020.
- Van der Aa LB et al. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;(40):795–804.
- Browne et al. A synbiotic EHF may help improve atopic dermatitis-like symptoms and parental QOL in infants with non-IgE mediated cow’s milk allergy. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Paediatric Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2019.
- Browne et al. A new synbiotic EHF for infants with cow’s milk protein allergy is well tolerated, highly acceptable and supports good growth and intake over 28 days. Poster Presentation. British Society Allergy and Clinical Immunology Meeting 2019.
- Van der Aa LB et al. Allergy. 2011;66:170–177.
- Martin R et al. Benef Microbes. 2010;1(4):367–82.
- Wopereis H et al. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2014;25:428–38.
- Harvey BM et al. Pediatr Res. 2014;75:343–51.
- Kunz C et al. AnnuRev Nutr. 2000;20:699–722.
- Knol et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005 Jan;40(1):36–42.
- Moro et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2002 Mar;34(3):291–5.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2012;26:49–59.
- Knol J et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2003;3:566.
- Moro G et al. Arch Dis Child. 2006;91:814–819.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr. 2007;137:2420–4.
- Bruzzese E et al. Clinical Nutrition. 2009;28:156–61.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr. 2008;138:1091–5.
- Candy et al. Pediatr Res. 2018;83(3):677–86.
- Fox et al. Clin Transl Allergy. 2019;9:5.
- Burks et al. Ped Allergy Immunol. 2015;26:316–22.
- Taniuchi S et al. The Journal of Applied Research. 2005
- Huang YJ et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139(4):1099–1110.
- Soto A et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014;59(1): 78–88.
- Matsuki T et al. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65(10):4506–12.
- Mikami K et al. Pharmaceuticals. 2012;(5)629–42.
- Inoue Y et al. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32(4):760–63.
- Hougee S et al. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;151(2):107–17.
- Van Esch et al. Immun Inflamm Dis. 2016;4(2):155–65.
- Hattori K et al. Arerugi. 2003;52(1):20–30.
- Chua MC et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017;65(1):102–106.
- Clinical data on file, Aptamil Pepti Syneo UK Study, October 2020. Single arm study, n=25 patients switched to Aptamil Pepti Syneo from standard EHFs for 4 weeks.
- Abrahamse-Berkeveld et al. J Nutr Science. 2016;5:e42;1–13.
*scGOS/lcFOS = short chain galacto-oligosaccharides and long chain fructo-oligosaccharides.
†UK 4 week single split arm study1,3,4: infants with non-IgE mediated CMA, baseline non-synbiotic EHFs vs Aptamil Pepti Syneo. 12 week randomised controlled trial2,5: infants with atopic dermatitis, Aptamil Pepti Syneo vs Aptamil Pepti.
**subgroup of n=48 infants with IgE associated atopic dermatitis.
Important notice: Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti Syneo is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of cow’s milk allergy. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6 months. Refer to label for details.