Episode 9 – COVID-19 and Vitamin D
In the latest episode of The Beat podcast, Midwife Avril speaks with Professor Zulf Mughal, Professor of Child Health and Consultant at Manchester Children’s hospital, to speak about the importance of vitamin D to overall health and immunity.
This discussion includes practical content for healthcare professionals on spotting individuals who might be at risk of vitamin D deficiency, what impact deficiency may have, and also some guidance as to what we should be recommending to new parents and young families in terms of diet and supplementation.
For more information, download our free vitamin D factsheet here.
The Beat is available on all major podcast platforms, click here to listen to The Beat on your preferred platform instead.
Professor Zulf Mughal's recommended resources on Vitamin D for healthcare professionals.
- Global Consensus Recommendations on Prevention and Management of Nutritional Rickets.
- Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) report on Vitamin D and Health
- The NHS Vitamin D & Minerals
- The Royal Osteoporosis Society guideline on Vitamin D and bone health: a practical clinical guideline for management in children and young people
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline: vitamin D