The only Amino Acid Formula (AAF) *§ with a unique combination of pre- and probiotics (synbiotics) that helps rebalance the gut microbiota of formula-fed infants with Cow's Milk Allergy (CMA)1–4
Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for infants and contains all of the essential nutrients to support growth and development. It contains pre- and probiotics to stimulate a healthy gut microbiota and support the developing immune system. 5,6 Breast milk is therefore the inspiration of our scientific research and development.
Neocate Syneo reduces the burden on:
Fewer medications,1‡,7† hospitalisations,1‡ consultations8 and shorter clinical journey7†#
Potential cost savings of £452.18 per infant7 through:
Effective symptom relief,1 reduced infections1‡,7† and improvements reported in quality of life8a
The Neocate range
Neocate Syneo: the only AAF*,d,§ with synbiotics
Neocate LCP: the UK’s No.1 AAF12
6 months +
Neocate Spoon: the unique spoonable AAF
From 1 year
Neocate Junior: the only AAF with the flexibility to manage both persistent CMA and complex conditions
Available in 3 flavours - unflavoured, strawberry and vanilla
*Product can be provided to patients upon the request of a Healthcare Professional. They are intended for the purpose of professional evaluation only.
Important notice: Breastfeeding is best. Neocate Syneo is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy, Multiple Food Protein Allergies and other conditions where an amino acid based formula is recommended. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants under one year of age. Refer to label for details.
- Sorensen K et al. Amino acid formula containing synbiotics in infants with cow’s milk protein allergy: A systematic review and metaanalysis. Nutrients. 202;13:935.
- Fox A et al. A specific synbiotic-containing amino acid-based formula in dietary management of cow’s milk allergy: a randomized controlled trial Clin Transl Allergy. 2019;9:5.
- Candy D et al. A synbiotic-containing amino-acid-based formula improves gut microbiota in non-IgE mediated allergic infants. Pediatr Res. 2018;83:677–86.
- Burks W et al. Synbiotics-supplemented amino acid-based formula supports adequate growth in cow’s milk allergic infants. Ped Allergy Immunol. 2015;26:316–22.
- Boehm G et al. Oligosaccharides from milk. J Nutr. 2007;137:8475–95.
- Moossavi S et al. The Prebiotic and Probiotic Properties of Human Milk: Implications for Infant Immune Development and Pediatric Asthma. Front Pediatr. 2018;6:197.
- Sorensen K et al. The use of an amino acid formula containing synbiotics in infants with cow’s milk protein allergy – effect on clinical outcomes. Nutrients. 2021;13:2205.
- Kinnear F et al. Healthcare professional and parental survey exploring the effects of an amino acid formula containing synbiotics in the management of cow’s milk allergy. Poster presentation at the 8th International Conference on Nutrition and Growth, accepted May 2021.
- Chatchatee P et al. Tolerance development in cow’s milk-allergic infants receiving amino acid-based formula: A randomized controlled trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021; E-pub ahead of print.
- Kinnear KJ. Insights into the role of an amino acid formula containing synbiotics in the clinical management of infants with cow’s milk protein allergy. Complete Nutrition (CN). 2021.
- Data on file, 2021.
- IMS data, MAT Dec 2021, volume AAF market share.
* Comparative analysis using datacards. Puramino, Alfamino, Elecare. Information Sourced August 2021.
§ As compared to all other AAFs on the UK market, comparison conducted in August 2021.
ˆ Short Chain Fructo oligosacchraide / Long Chain Fructo oligosaccharide.
† Observational study of real world evidence in The Health Improvement Network (THIN) GP database7, n=148, Neocate Syneo vs Alfamino (Feb 2021).
‡ Systematic review and meta analysis of 4 randomised controlled trials1, Neocate Syneo vs Neocate LCP (Nov 2020).
# Clinical journey endpoint measured as being asymptomatic and not requiring a hypoallergenic formula prescription for at least 3 months.
** Statistically Significant p<0.05.
a Reported change since starting Neocate Syneo, parent & HCP survey, n=20 HCPs, n=10 parents, Jan 2021.
b Diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence, vomiting, reflux, bloody stools, mucus in stools and colic.
c Eczema & urticaria.
d Compared to all non-synbiotic AAFs on the UK market, August 2021.