Preparation and directions for usage
The dosage should be determined by a clinician or a dietitian only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient. The recommended feed concentration is 13.1% w/v, i.e. 13.1g Locasol made up to 100ml with water. For bottle feeding preparation: THE HEALTH OF THE INFANT DEPENDS ON CAREFULLY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE. INCORRECT PREPARATION CAN MAKE THE INFANT ILL.
Each level scoop (4.4g) of Locasol formula requires 30ml (approximately 1 fl oz) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.1%).
1. Wash hands thoroughly and clean preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats.
2. Boil fresh water and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
3. Fill the scoop provided with Locasol formula and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
4. Add the prescribed number of scoops of Locasol formula to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder dissolves. Before feeding ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
5. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
Important Notice: powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding. For children older than one year of age, Locasol formula can be made up as a drink/sip feed:
1. Use the scoop provided or weigh out the prescribed amount of Locasol formula.
2. Add a small amount of the prescribed water to the required amount of Locasol formula and stir in with a fork until a smooth paste is obtained.
3. Continue stirring whilst adding the rest of the water until the prescribed dilution is achieved. Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding. Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Lactose (from cow's milk), Refined Vegetable Oil (Palm, Sunflower, Rapeseed, Coconut), Demineralised Whey Powder (from cow's milk), Sodium Caseinate (from cow's milk), Potassium Hydrogen Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Dried Glucose Syrup, Choline Bitartrate, L-Cystine, L-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, Nicotinamide, DL-alpha Tocopherol, Calcium-D-Pantothenate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite, d-Biotin, Cyanocobalamin. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.