Tuna pasta bake with Aptamil Pepti
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Cover the pasta in boiling water and simmer gently until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Drain the tuna, flake and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Melt 25g margarine in a frying pan and fry the onion gently until soft without colouring.
- Peel the tomato by cutting a large cross in the skin and standing in boiling water for 1 minute. The skin should then come away easily. Cut the tomato in half and carefully remove all the seeds.
- Dice the courgette and tomato and add them to the onion. Carefully stir in the tuna, put on the lid and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, melt the remaining margarine (50g) in a pan. Remove from the heat, stir in the flour and whisk in the formula milk. Return to the heat, stirring constantly until boiling and simmer gently for 1 minute. Add the dairy-free soya-free cheese and continue to stir until melted.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce, then top Wheat and gluten-free pastas based on rice, millet, corn and other suitable grains can be used in this recipe. Take care not to overcook them – follow the instructions carefully.
Chef's tip: Serve with baby triangles of herb toast.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.
Nutritional analysis is based on tuna in oil, if you prefer you can use tuna in springwater.