Shepherd's pie with Neocate Syneo
200g lean minced meat (lamb, chicken, beef, or turkey)
1 small carrot (50g)
2 large potatoes (200g)
½ medium courgette (50g)
1-2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon milk-free margarine
Neocate Syneo (1 scoop per serving)
Ensure food is pureed, mashed or chopped to a safe size and texture for your baby
- Peel and grate carrot and courgette
- Heat oil in saucepan and cook vegetables on a low heat until soft
- Add meat and cook until brown
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile peel and chop the potatoes, place into a separate saucepan and boil until very soft
- Drain off water and mash potatoes with milk-free margarine
- Take the saucepan off the heat and allow to cool
- Divide the mashed potato into four portions
- Stir in 1 scoop of Neocate Syneo thoroughly in to the portion of mashed potato you are going to feed immediately
- Spread the mashed potato on top of the meat mixture and serve
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
The Neocate range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of cow’s milk allergy, multiple food protein allergies or other conditions where an amino acid formula is recommended, and must be used under medical supervision after full consideration of all feeding options, including breastfeeding.