Pasta Bolognese with Aptamil Pepti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
250g beef, lamb, pork or soya mince, or cooked brown lentils
1 red pepper, finely chopped
2–3 button mushrooms (optional), finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato purée
Good pinch of oregano or mixed herbs
For the pasta:
50g pasta*, such as fusilli or any other small shapes, or spaghetti broken into short lengths
*This dish can be made wheat-free and gluten-free by replacing the pasta and flour with a WF/GF alternative
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and mince (or soya mince) and cook until brown, stirring all the time to break up the mince.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms, if using, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and herbs and stir well. Add the lentils now if using.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes until the mince is tender. If using cooked lentils reduce the 1 hour cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Whilst bolognese is cooking prepare formula as per instructions on pack.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packaging.
- When ready spoon the pasta and bolognese into a small bowl and serve.
Chef's tip: Make double quantity of the bolognese and freeze in portions to save time later.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.