Bread and butter pudding with Aptamil Pepti
150g (5–6 slices) white bread*
100g sultanas (or dried apricots, chopped)
40g caster sugar
500ml Aptamil Pepti
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice (optional)
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
*Be aware that bread often contains soya flour so if you are avoiding soya choose a soya-free loaf.
Allergy information: NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, 300°F or gas mark 2.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and spread generously with dairy-free margarine. Cut into small triangles.
- Grease an oven-proof dish with margarine and arrange half the triangles overlapping in one layer in the bottom of the dish, buttered side down. Sprinkle with half the sultanas.
- Repeat to make a second layer.
- Make the custard by whisking the eggs, sugar and formula milk together. Add the vanilla extract and mixed spice.
- Pour the custard over the bread and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and bake for 1 hour until set and the top is crisp and golden.
Chef's tip: Use a dairy-free fruit loaf instead of bread for that extra flavour. Instead of cutting this into triangles, try other shapes such as stars, hearts or diamonds.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.