Lentil squash curry with Aptamil Pepti
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
Fingernail size piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
1/3 of a butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 thin slice (approx. 2 teaspoons) of creamed coconut
85g dried red lentils
1 teaspoon mild curry powder*
1 low salt stock cube*
500ml Aptamil Pepti
Handful of baby spinach chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped
*To make this wheat-free/gluten-free check your stock cube and curry powder are labelled gluten-free.
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WF*, GF*, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the garlic, onion, and ginger and fry gently for about 5 minutes until softened and lightly golden.
- Add the butternut squash chunks, coconut, lentils, and curry powder. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Prepare the formula as per instruction on pack. Dissolve the stock cube in the hot formula and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25–30 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Add chopped spinach and coriander, if using and cook briefly to wilt the spinach.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or wraps.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.