Carbonara with Aptamil Pepti
1 teaspoon oil (for example olive/sunflower/rapeseed)
1/4 onion, finely chopped
50g lean smoked bacon, finely chopped
1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
Handful of chopped spinach
For the white sauce:
300ml Aptamil Pepti
1 teaspoon dairy-free soya-free margarine/spread
1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
To make this recipe wheat-free and gluten-free use pasta and flour (in the white sauce) that is wheat-free and gluten-free.
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Heat a small pan of water until boiling then add the pasta.
- Simmer until soft and then drain. In the meantime heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook until brown.
- Add the pepper and cook until soft.
- Finally add the spinach – set aside.
- Make the white sauce by placing all the ingredients in a pan together and mixing with a whisk until it becomes a thickened sauce.
- Mix the pasta, bacon mix and sauce.
- Cool and serve.
Chef's tip: Omit the bacon and add chick peas or other beans for a vegetarian option. Use unsmoked bacon if you want to reduce salt content.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.