Mini iced party cakes with Aptamil Pepti
300g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
3 level teaspoons of baking powder
250g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
9 tablespoons vegetable oil (may contain soya – please check ingredients)
350ml Aptamil Pepti
For the icing:
150g icing sugar
75g dairy-free soya-free margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Aptamil Pepti
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F or gas mark 3.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and formula milk and mix to a batter consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into petits fours paper cases.
- Bake on the centre shelf for approximately 10 minutes until the cakes spring back to a light touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: cream the dairy-free soya-free margarine and icing sugar together until pale then combine with the remaining ingredients.
- When the cakes are cold, decorate with icing on the top and add a cherry.
Chef's tip: Never use olive oil or other strongly flavoured oil to make this cake, as the finished cake will taste of it!
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.