Birthday cake with Aptamil Pepti
285g self-raising flour
55g cocoa powder
3 level teaspoons baking powder
250g caster sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
9 tablespoons vegetable oil (not olive oil) (check ingredients of ‘vegetable oils’ for soya)
350ml Aptamil Pepti 1 or Aptamil Pepti 2
For the icing:
175g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
75g dairy-free soya-free margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Aptamil Pepti 1 or Aptamil Pepti 2
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, gas mark 3.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and formula milk and mix to a batter consistency. Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined square or round tin.
- Bake on the centre shelf for approximately 30–35 minutes until the cake springs back to a light touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: cream the dairy-free soya-free margarine, cocoa powder and icing sugar together until pale then combine with the remaining ingredients.
- When the cake is cold, decorate with icing on the top and add a topping of your choice; cherries, sweets, sprinkles or a suitable type of grated chocolate.
Chef's tip: Bake as one whole cake rather than 2 halves as otherwise the top half may crack when placed on top of the other.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.