Banana cake with Aptamil Pepti
50g dairy-free soya-free margarine
150g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
2 bananas, large and very ripe
60ml Aptamil Pepti
Allergy information: NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F or gas mark 5.
- Grease and flour a loaf tin.
- Cream the dairy-free soya-free margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs together with a spoonful of the sifted flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour and baking powder.
- Mash the bananas and stir into the cake mixture together with the formula milk a tablespoon at a time. Do not make the mixture too wet.
- Transfer to the tin and bake on the centre shelf for 45 minutes until the loaf is golden and springy to the touch, and has shrunk a little from the sides of the tin.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Chef's tip: For an egg-free version, omit the eggs and use an egg substitute instead.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.