Fish pie with sweet potato mash with Aptamil Pepti
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 tablespoons Aptamil Pepti
1/4 tsp allspice
Grating of nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Juice of 1/2 fresh lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
150g mixed fish cut into bite sized chunks
50g small cooked prawns or larger prawns, chopped (for older children)
10 baby asparagus spears, steamed until soft (or a handful of chopped spinach)
For the white sauce:
1 tablespoon plain flour*
1 large teaspoon dairy-free soya-free spread or olive oil
300ml Aptamil Pepti
2 tablespoons coconut cream or tinned coconut milk that has been in the fridge (use the top thick layer of cream from this)
*This dish can be made wheat free by replacing the plain flour with WF/GF plain flour, cornflour or rice flour.
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Boil or steam the sweet potato cubes until soft, about 10–15 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, prepare the formula as per instructions on pack.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, mash with the formula over heat to drive off any excess liquid.
- Stir in the allspice and nutmeg.
- In the meantime put the fish in a dish and cover with cling film. Pierce the film and cook the fish in the microwave for 3–5 minutes until tender. Remove and discard any skin.
- Prepare formula and pour into a jug. Whisk the flour and spread into the hot formula until it is thickened and smooth, then whisk in the coconut and lime juice to make a white sauce.
- Add the asparagus or spinach and stir well, the heat of the white sauce will wilt the spinach.
- Put the fish and prawns into an ovenproof dish and pour over the sauce.
- Top the fish mixture with the sweet potato mash and serve.
Chef's tip: For added texture grill the sweet potato topping until golden brown.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.