Lasagne with Loprofin white sauce and veggie bolognese sauce
- In a large pot, cook the Loprofin Lasagne Pasta sheets and once cooked, drain and refresh in cold water
- Take an oven-proof dish or individual foil trays and brush the bottom and sides with oil
- Take ¾ of the Loprofin white sauce and place in the bottom of the dish, then cover with pasta sheets in one layer (make sure to not overlap the sheets)
- Then cover the pasta with ¾ of the bolognese sauce and sprinkle over ¾ of the grated low protein cheese. Repeat the layers with the rest of the remaining sauce and pasta (you will have three layers once finished)
- Lastly, sprinkle the top with the leftover low protein cheese. At this stage, you can cover and freeze until needed or you can bake at 180oc for 25/30 minutes until bubbling hot
- If you are making individual lasagne portions, divide the mixture into each foil tray, then freeze
- You can bake the lasagne from frozen just add 10 minutes to the cooking time
- If you don’t like the veggie bolognese sauce, you can add cooked mushrooms or any other veg
- Parmesan or mozzarella low protein cheese works great in this dish
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.