Loprofin white sauce
25g Loprofin Mix
200mls Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink
1 vegetable stock cube
½ pint boiling water
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium/low heat until melted, then stir in the Loprofin Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together (this is called a roux)
- Dissolve the stock cube in ½ pint of boiling water, and slowly add it to the roux a little at a time, stirring continually to avoid lumps
- Once all the stock has been added, pour in the Loprofin Drink or Sno-Pro stirring to mix. Then reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring or using a whisk so the sauce stays nice and smooth
- The sauce is now ready to use or cool and freeze until needed
- This sauce can be used to top pizzas, pasta, or baked vegetable
- Add ¼ tsp of nutmeg to the sauce for a classic lasagne sauce
- Add low protein cheese to make a cheese sauce which works great in cauliflower cheese
- Add cooked Loprofin Pasta and top with cheese before baking to make a pasta bake
- This sauce can replace a tomato sauce and can be added to roasted vegetables and served with pasta
- Add cooked mushrooms and use as a filling for a mushroom pie using Loprofin shortcrust pastry
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.