Cheese and spinach scones with Aptamil Pepti
225g self-raising flour
50g dairy-free soya-free margarine/spread
150ml Aptamil Pepti
50g dairy-free soya-free cheese, finely grated
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F or gas mark 7.
- Wash the spinach leaves and shake off the excess water. Remove any long stalks then place in a pan over a medium heat with a pinch of nutmeg, stirring occasionally. Do not add any liquid as water will sweat out of the spinach. After a couple of minutes when the spinach is evenly cooked, drain it and place into a cloth. Squeeze to remove excess water, then chop finely and set aside.
- In a separate bowl rub the margarine into the flour, grate in 1/3 of the cheese, then add the chopped spinach. Mix well.
- Add the formula milk one tablespoon at a time, taking care not to make the mixture too wet. The dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 2cm, then cut out with a fluted pastry cutter.
- Place on a prepared baking tray, brush with formula milk and sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven on the centre shelf for 10–15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Chef's tip: Do not overcook or they will become hard and more difficult to chew and swallow.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.