Bread and butter pudding
Ingredients1 slice of brown or white bread, buttered
1 bottle Fortisip Compact, vanilla flavour
Icing sugar to dust
Pouring custard to serve if desired (see separate recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the bread into eight small triangles and arrange the bread in a buttered ovenproof ramekin or small dish.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk in the Fortisip Compact.
- Pour the egg and Fortisip Compact mix slowly over the bread and leave for 15 minutes to soak in the liquid.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and set**.
- Serve warm.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredients labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.
Baking Fortisip Compact may reduce the vitamin and mineral content of the product. If you have any concerns please speak to your healthcare professional.
All Nutricia products listed on this website are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This website should be used for information purposes for patients, or carers of patients, who have been prescribed an oral nutritional supplement by their healthcare professional. The information provided does not replace the advice of a healthcare professional.