Moussaka with Aptamil Pepti
200g minced lamb (lean)
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1–2 tablespoons vegetable oil (may contain soya – please check ingredients)
100g aubergine, peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon tomato purée
1 level teaspoon flour
For the sauce:
150ml Aptamil Pepti
25g dairy-free soya-free margarine/spread
25g plain flour
20g dairy-free soya-free cheese, finely grated
Allergy information: EF, NF, SF, WCMPF. Offer at the texture your infant can manage.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F or gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and garlic without colouring.
- Add the mince and fry until browned, stirring from time to time to prevent it sticking together.
- Mix in the aubergine, oregano, tomato purée and flour. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes, then turn down the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (You should not need to add any liquid to this recipe as water seeps from the aubergine. If necessary add liquid sparingly).
- Place the mince in an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine the margarine, flour and formula milk in a pan and whisk continuously over a medium heat until the sauce thickens and is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the mince, top with the cheese and bake in the oven on the centre shelf for 20 minutes until golden brown. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Chef's tip: Grate dairy-free soya-free melting cheese on the top to add more nutrition and taste
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti 1 & 2 are foods for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy. They should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Aptamil Pepti 1 is suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. Aptamil Pepti 2 is only suitable for infants from 6 months as part of a mixed diet.