50g hard margarine or butter, at room temperature
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacers
1 tsp baking powder
Ready-made icing or vanilla buttercream icing*
- Place the margarine or butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl, beat for 1–2 minutes until light in texture and creamy coloured.
- Thoroughly mix together the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with Sno-Pro, until a soft smooth batter is achieved – do not over beat.
- Pour the mixture into two individual round sandwich tins. Or one large tin to make a larger cake.
- Bake the cake or cakes in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to touch.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Sandwich the two parts of the cake together with jam and/or icing.
- Finish decorating the top of the cake with icing or a sugar mixture to decorate.
Oven temperature: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
Equipment: 2 x 17cm (7 inch) round sandwich tin, lightly greased and base lined with non-stick/greaseproof paper and a large bowl
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.