1 sheet of gluten free puff pastry
200g butternut squash
50g onion diced
50g grated mushrooms
50g Mediterranean style low protein cheese
35g Loprofin Cracker crumbs
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
Olive oil to roast
- Cut the butternut squash into cubes and place them in a roasting tin, then add the diced onion and grated mushrooms and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables at 170oc for 20 to 25 minutes until the squash is soft.
- Allow the vegetables to cool in the tray.
- Once cool, add to a bowl and mash with a fork, adding the mixed herbs, garlic, and crumble in the low protein cheese and the Loprofin Cracker crumb mix until combined - season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use some Loprofin Mix to dust the surface and roll out the puff pastry into rectangles - cut the pastry lengthways so you have 2 strips.
- Now divide the squash mixture into 2 and place the mixture down the middle of the pastry strips.
- Brush one side of the pastry strip with water and fold over so the filling is encased.
- Cut with a sharp knife and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with some Sno-Pro and bake at 180oc for 10/15 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- Serve hot or cold, you can freeze these until needed.
- Great for lunch boxes, picnics or as party food
- You can add olives, grilled red peppers, tomato puree, chilli or mixed spice to change the flavours
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.