- 375g Loprofin Mix
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15g psyllium husk
- 20g soft brown sugar or honey.
- 250mls Sno-Pro
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 50g olive oil
- (extra for brushing the top)
- 1 Weetabix
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Mix the psyllium husk and ¾ of the Weetabix (save the other ¼ for the top) with the Sno-Pro and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Loprofin Mix, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in the olive oil.
- Add the Sno-Pro mixture and lemon juice. Mix until you have a soft dough.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix, tip out the dough and mould into a smooth ball.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand slightly.
- With a sharp knife cut a cross on the top of the dough, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining crushed Weetabix.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes. It should be golden brown and when you tap the bottom of the bread it should sound hollow. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- This is a quick and easy bread to make, you can make this into rolls by diving the mixture into 10 even pieces and mould into smooth balls place in a muffin tray or baking sheet brush with oil and sprinkle over the crushed Weetabix– remember they won’t take quite as long to bake if smaller.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional