- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 25g custard powder
- 185g Loprofin Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Place the butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat together until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Stir in the Loprofin Mix and custard powder (and optional flavourings below if desired).
- Using one hand, squeeze the mixture until it comes together.
- Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix and knead the dough for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- On a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix, roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes (e.g. circles, ovals, animal shapes or others).
- Transfer the biscuits to a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from baking tray whilst still warm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Citrus: add grated rind of 1 lemon or 1 small orange.
- Spiced: add 1 tsp of your chosen spice (ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice).
- Fruit: add 50g your chosen dried fruit.
- You can also replace the vanilla with almond or salted caramel extract to change the flavour.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.