100g butter (room temp.)
175g Loprofin Mix
75g caster sugar
3 tsp Sno-Pro
OPTIONAL FLAVOURS TO ADD AT STEP 2
Grated rind of ½ lemon and 1 tsp dried lavender or of ½ small orange
1 tsp sweet spice (i.e. ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice etc.)
50g currants or other dried fruits
Few drops of vanilla or almond essence
50g finely chopped cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rub the butter and Loprofin Mix togeter in a large mixing bowl until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and add flavouring (as above), if desired.
- Using one hand, squeeze the mixture until it comes together, adding sufficient Sno-Pro to give a manageable dough. Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix and knead the dough for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness and cut into desired shapes (e.g. stars, hearts, circles, ovals, animal shapes or others).
- Transfer the biscuits to a lightly greased baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until pale golden in colour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking tray to cool completely on a wire rack.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.