Meatballs in tomato sauce with Neocate Junior
For the meatballs:
50g minced beef
10g onion, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, crushed
Pinch of mixed herbs
1 tbsp olive oil for frying
For the tomato sauce:
1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
½ tbsp olive oil
½ small tin (100g) of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree/tomato ketchup
1 scoop Neocate Junior Unflavoured
- Make the meatballs. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- Divide into 6 small even pieces. Squeeze each tightly and roll into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan. Fry the balls until browned.
- Make the tomato sauce. Fry the onion in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the garlic tomatoes and puree/ ketchup. Stir thoroughly. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and stir in the Neocate Junior until dissolved.
- Serve with the meatballs.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Image is a serving suggestion only – ensure all foods are prepared to the appropriate size and texture for your child before serving. This website is intended for parents or carers of children who have been prescribed a product from the Neocate range by a Healthcare Professional.
The Neocate range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of cow’s milk allergy, multiple food protein allergies or other conditions where an amino acid formula is recommended, and must be used under medical supervision after full consideration of all feeding options, including breastfeeding.