- 1 packet of low protein jelly
- 250g raspberries
- 200g low protein sponge cake
- 300mls Loprofin Drink
- 3 tsp custard powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200mls of vegan double cream
- Slice the low protein cake and place it in the bottom of a trifle bowl
- Next, place over the raspberries
- Then in a jug make up the jelly per the packet instruction.
- Pour the jelly over the sponge and fruit and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the custard, pour the Loprofin Drink into a pan and heat over medium/low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the custard powder, caster sugar and vanilla extract and add 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a paste.
- Once the Loprofin Drink is simmering, pour over the custard mix - stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Now place the mixture back into the pan over the heat, stirring continuously until the custard thickens.
- Then remove the custard from the heat and cover the top of the custard with plastic wrap directly on the top of the custard (this will stop a skin forming) and allow to cool.
- Once the custard has cooled, beat with a wooden spoon and place on top of the set trifle spreading out to cover the top of the jelly.
- After, whip the vegan double cream with a whisk until light and floppy.
- Finally, carefully spread the whisked vegan double cream over the custard and chill in the fridge until needed - to decorate, add more fresh fruit or top with sugar decorations like coloured sprinkle.
- Change the fruit and the flavour of the jelly to make different variations
- You can also make a chocolate trifle by using chocolate sponge and add 20g of cocoa powder to the custard - to decorate grate low protein chocolate over the cream
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional