150g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
350g Loprofin Mix
3 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
2 tsp baking powder
300ml Loprofin Drink
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl, beat for 1–2 minutes until a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Mix the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder together. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture, alternating with the Loprofin Milk.
- Mix until a soft smooth batter is achieved–do not over beat.
- Pour the mixture into two individual round sandwich tins or one large tin to make a larger cake.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until well risen and firm to touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool after 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of filling such as jam and buttercream.
To change the flavours make the following changes when making the basic sponge mixtures:
- Take out 25g of Loprofin Mix and add 35g cocoa powder.
Lemon or Orange Cake
- Add the zest of 2 lemons or oranges.
- Add 20g of instant coffee powder dissolved in 1 tablespoon of boiling water.
Red velvet cake
- Take out 25g of Loprofin Mix and add 20g cocoa powder.
- Add 2 tsp of red food colouring.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.