Hot cross buns
- 350g Loprofin Mix
- 2 packets of yeast
- 35g white fat
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200mls Sno-Pro
- 100mls warm water
- 10g psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 75g mixed dried fruit
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cross
- 25g Loprofin Mix
- Boiling water
- In a bowl, place the Loprofin Mix, sugar, salt, baking powder, psyllium husk, and rub in the hard-white fat.
- Add the yeast and spices before stirring to combine.
- In a jug or pan, heat the Sno-Pro and water just enough so it is warm.
- Add the liquid to the bowl, and stir to form a soft dough.
- Mix in the dried fruit and orange zest.
- Divide into 9 sections and roll into balls.
- Place the dough on a lined baking sheet before allowing it to prove in a warm place for an hour.
- In a small bowl mix the Loprofin Mix (25g) with some boiling water - enough to form a soft paste - place the paste in a piping bag.
- Once the buns have doubled in size pipe a cross over the top.
- Bake at 170°C for 20/25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray before eating.
- You can freeze the buns once they have cooled.
- You can use any dried fruit in this recipe including cranberries, apricots, mango and pineapples.
- You can bake this recipe in a 2lb loaf tin as a fruit loaf.
- Ground ginger, clove, can also be used to change the flavour.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.