Chocolate orange ice cream
- 200 mls Sno-Pro
- 50g low protein chocolate
- 25g honey or golden syrup
- 25g cocoa powder
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 200g vegan cream
- In a pan, heat the Sno-Pro and low protein chocolate over medium low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the custard powder and cocoa with a tablespoon of water to form a thick mixture.
- Add the heated Sno-pro to the custard mix and stir before returning to the pan. Heat through, stirring until the custard has thickened.
- Next, place in a bowl and add the vanilla and orange zest, before allowing to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the vegan cream with the honey until it forms soft peaks.
- Once the custard has cooled, mix in the cream and place in a container with a tight-fitting lid before placing in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, take out the container and shake for 2 minutes to break up the ice crystals - do this until the ice cream has frozen.
- Keep in the freezer until needed.
- This ice cream is easy to make and great for desserts all over Christmas
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional