500g Loprofin Chocolate Cake Mix
120ml sunflower oil
220ml sparkling water
Suitable chocolate buttercream icing
- Grease and line a 7" or 8" cake. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the Loprofin Chocolate Cake Mix into a deep bowl, add the oil and mix well until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sparkling water and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased cake tin and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45–55 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Ice with suitable low protein chocolate buttercream icing.
- Leftovers should be covered and stored in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.