Cherry bakewell tart
- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry
- 1 quantity basic sponge mixture
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 30g apricot jam
- 50g raspberry jam
For the icing:
- 100g icing sugar
- Boiling water
- 8 glace cherries to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Roll out the pastry a little bit bigger than the flan tin.
- Place in the tin and press into the edges and remove any excess pastry from around the top. Prick all over the base of the flan with a folk.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Spoon the low protein jam and spread to cover the base.
- Add the almond extract to the basic sponge mixture and stir in well.
- Add the sponge mixture on top of the jam and spread
- Bake for 30–35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of boiling water till you have a thick smooth icing.
- Once the tart has cooled, warm the apricot jam in the microwave then brush the jam over the top of the tart.
- Now spread the icing over the top and decorate with the cherries.
- Remove from the tin and cut into slices.
- You can keep for a few days in an airtight tin.
- You can add fresh or frozen fruit to the base of the tart before topping with sponge.
- If you don’t like almond try vanilla or zest of an orange or lemon.
- You can make this into mini tarts if you prefer.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.