200g vegan cream cheese*
300ml vegan double cream
2 tsp vanilla
50g icing sugar
For the base:
200g Loprofin Cereal
- For the base, crush the Loprofin cereal in a bag with a rolling pin
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed cereal, mixing to combine
- Add the base to the bottom of individual glasses or an 8inch loose bottom tin
- Allow to set in the fridge
- In a bowl, whisk together the vegan double cream, vanilla, vegan cream cheese and icing sugar until it holds its shape. Be careful not to over whisk
- Place on top of the set base, cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours
- You can decorate with fresh fruit or low protein chocolate and sweets
- To change the flavour of the cheesecake add lemon/orange zest or add fruit puree into the mix
- You can also mix in fresh berries to the mixture once whipped, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries work well in this cheesecake
- You can add 25g of low protein chocolate spread to the mixture to make a chocolate cheesecake
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.