Cake mix cookies
- 200g Loprofin chocolate cake mix
- 120g melted and cooled butter
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 25g custard powder
- 25g coco powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Place the Loprofin Cake Mix, sugar, cocoa powder and custard powder into a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the cooled melted butter into the dry ingredients. It will look crumbly at this stage.
- With your hands bring the crumbly mixture together wrap in a freeze bag. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pinch off a teaspoon size of the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten and place on a lined baking sheet. Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the tray to allow them to spread.
- Bake at 180°C for 8-12 minutes until the cookies spread out and have a cracked top.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before you place them on a wire rack to fully cool.
- You can add 50g of milk/white/dark low protein chocolate chunks.
- You can add 20g of freeze-dried raspberries to the basic dough.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract.
- Add the zest of 1 orange or lime to change the flavour.
- You can sandwich 2 cookies together with my easy low protein ice cream recipe to make a cookie sandwich. Place in the freezer until needed great for BBQs or parties.
- You can sandwich together with low protein jam or butter cream to make a sandwich cookie.
- You can decorate the top of the cookies with low protein royal icing and sprinkles.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional