250g Loprofin Mix extra for dusting
50g butter cubed (fridge cold)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170mls Sno-Pro (extra for brushing the tops)
pinch of salt
2 tsp lemon juice
- In a bowl sift the Loprofin Mix, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt together
- Rub in the cold butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs
- Then add the Sno-Pro and lemon juice and mix until you have a soft dough
- Next roll out the dough on a dusted worktop using your hands or a rolling pin and using a pastry cutter cut out the dough
- Place the cut-out dough on a lined baking tray, brushing the tops with a little more Sno-Pro
- Bake at 170oc for 10/12 mins and cool on wire rack until cool
- Serve the scones the same day or freeze wrapped in cling film until needed
- Scones are great for lunch boxes - split them in half and fill them with sandwich fillings, or serve alongside soups and curries as a bread alternative
- Scones need to be eaten the same day as they don’t keep very well but you can split them and toast them for breakfast or a quick snack
- You can also split them and add low protein cheese and place them under the grill for a quick cheese on toast as a snack or lunchtime meal served with salad
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.