Ingredients1 large aubergine
2 courgettes, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
16 fresh basil leaves
8 sheets Loprofin Lasagne
400g tin chopped tomatoes
¼ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp sugar
125ml clear vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven.
- Trim the ends of the aubergine and cut lengthways into ¼ inch thick slices. Place the aubergine on a flat surface and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash the aubergine slices in cold water and dry with paper towels. Arrange on a baking tray and brush with oil. Place on a preheated grill for approximately 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Turn the slices, brush with oil and grill for 3 further minutes.
- Cook the courgette in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- To prepare the lasagne: Fill a large pan ¾ full with water, and add 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt.
- Bring to the boil. Individually place 4 Loprofin Lasagne sheets in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, over a medium heat. (Check during cooking to ensure the pasta sheets do not stick to each other.) Carefully remove each lasagne sheet from the pan onto a flat surface. Repeat with the remaining 4 lasagne sheets.
- To prepare the sauce:
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the rolls, place a slice of aubergine on a flat surface and cover with a sheet of lasagne. Place a slice of tomato at one end and lay two basil leaves and a courgette on top of the tomato.
- Roll the aubergine and pasta, from the tomato end, to form a tube. Repeat with remaining aubergine, pasta, tomato, basil and courgette to give 8 rolls.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce into the baking dish and arrange the aubergine rolls on the top. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolls and cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. If desired, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.