50g icing sugar
200g Loprofin Mix
2 tsp vanilla essence
35g custard powder
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C, line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Cream the butter, vanilla, and icing sugar until pale in colour
- Mix in the Loprofin Mix, custard powder and baking powder to form a soft dough
- Next pipe out the dough into circles or fingers. If you don’t have a piping bag, place walnut-size pieces of the dough onto the tray and slightly press down with the palm of your hand (make sure you leave a gap in between the biscuits as they will spread when baking)
- Bake for 8/10 mins or until golden brown, allow to cool on the tray
- Once cooled, you can eat the biscuits as they are or sandwich 2 together using jam, buttercream, or low protein chocolate
- Store in an air-tight tin, or freeze the biscuits in a box for up to 3 months
- If you want to make chocolate biscuits take out 25g of Loprofin Mix and add 25g of cocoa powder
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.