- 50g butter
- 250g Loprofin cereal
- 50g golden syrup
- 75g vegan marshmallows
- 150g low protein chocolate
- Line a 9x9 inch baking tin with baking paper.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, low protein chocolate and golden syrup over a medium heat until everything has melted together.
- Place the Loprofin cereal in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have some crumbs and some chunks.
- Stir the crushed cereal and marshmallows into the melted chocolate mixture, stirring until everything is combined.
- Place the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Remover from the tin and peel off the paper with a sharp knife cut into 9 bars.
- Keep wrapped in cling film in the fridge until needed.
- You can add 50g dried fruit to the recipe, glace cherries are good in this.
- You can also use low protein white, milk or dark chocolate to change the recipe.
- Instead of the 9x9 tin you can fill muffin cups with this mixture for individual cakes.
- You can also add low protein candy and sweets like jellybeans and skittles for birthday bars.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.