Roasted red pepper and tomato soup
Ingredients2 red peppers, roughly chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
Freshly ground pepper
900ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Arrange the pepper halves and tomatoes on a roasting tray, cut side up.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic and heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, tomato purée and stock, bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the basil and blitz**.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and serve. Left overs can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Chef's Tip: This soup goes really well with low protein bread sticks or add some cooked Loprofin Pasta for a more substantial meal.
Allergens may be present. Please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Please follow the manufacturer's instructions.